Saturday, April 17, 2010

PayPal vs Payoneer: why and why not?

If you ever earned money online then obviously your first concern was transfering money to your local bank or at least in a reachable location. PayPal is a widely accepted payment solution over the online world and undoubtedly your first line of choice. Though service for PayPal is limited and many countries are not covered. Unfortunately Bangladesh is one of them. You can still signup but making a fake nationality and accepting some limitations, i.e. unverified account, money transfer limit etc. etc.

PayPal

I'm a PayPal user for years now. But I had to signup selecting other nationality. Whenever my account reaches transfer limit then I signed-up another and it was continuing for a long. Here, I have to mention that I still have money at some of my accounts which I couldn't transfer. I gently wrote PayPal to reset my limit but they never bother to reply my mails. Once I called them over the phone and they commited to reset. But that didn't happen yet! It is really sad.

Payoneer

I was patiently searching for PayPal alternative and suddenly I learned about Payoneer. It is a Master card debit card (if you do not know what is it). I signed-up one through oDesk (a Payoneer partner) and Payoneer solved all my problems. You can have Payoneer details from my other post.

Anyway, I got an email from Payoneer (after a week) that my application has been reviewed but they were unable to approve due to my address, it was my business address. I provided them my home address and got the approval at next week. I received the card in hand at 5th week.


I had a payout pending at odesk so I immediately activated my Payoneer card and transfered the money. oDesk charged me $2 and then Payoneer charged me an one time activation fee of $9.95. I was very curious about the card and went to my nearest ATM booth to check the balance. I made a withdrawal and everything went sooo smoothly.

I'm a happy user of Payoneer till now. PayPal is way cheaper but if you have no access to your money then it is not better than a monster!

1 comment: